Monday, November 14, 2011

Get ready to cry.

My Izzy....oh he gets me. He is such a little ball of emotion, sensitivity and creativity. I'm about to share something very personal to Izzy, but I want to remember this and blogging about it is probably the best way. Izzy is now 6 years old. He is taking piano lessons and we tease that he is our little Billy Elliot, because he can't keep his feet still and his mouth is rarely without a song. Music is literally in his soul. 

My Dad has written songs his whole life. He taught himself how to play the piano, drums and bass and it seems as if that gifting has passed down to Izzy. One night when my parents were babysitting, Izzy and Papa wrote a song together. It was sweet and I thought, "Oh how cute, this is a fun way for them to connect." Well, it has taken on a life of it's own. He hasn't stopped. He is constantly writing songs, when he is in the shower, eating dinner, doing homework, should be sleeping...I mean all of the time. Most of them are worship songs about how much he loves God. Sometimes they are about his day, or something silly. A couple of weeks ago, he wrote a song and sang it for me and it made me cry. He wrote it, sang it and even sang the background vocals at the same time...I mean he is thinking of everything. 

Tonight, while driving to meet Papa for dinner, Izzy was belting out a song, like from his soul, eyes closed, (imagine Adele singing) from his guts...singing. I asked him, "Wow, Izzy that sounds great. Is that a song from the radio?" He said, "No, I'm writing it as I go. The words just come into my heart." 

Here is the song from tonight...but the melody is so killer so just reading doesn't do it justice:


My heart. My soul. It never, never felt this way before.
My heart. My soul. It never, never felt this way before.

Your love is turnin' it up. Turnin' it up. Oh Yeah!
Your love is turnin' it up. Turnin' it up. Oh Yeah! 

Never Never Never felt this way before. 
Never Never Never felt this way before. 

This song was so good and the way he sang it, oh my word. I honestly thought it was a hook from a song he heard. He was doing Christina Aguilera hands and everything. He was getting it. 

But here is the thing, he sings it like his life depends on it and then when it is over...he has no recollection of the melody or words. I have to buy a voice recorder or something. 


I was telling my Mom about his song and she handed over a notebook of another song he had written this past week, that I didn't know about. 


Here it is: 


Lord, you're good, you're always good. 
God to me, is the smartest. 
God you are a good God. You are good. You are the only one God. 
We have you, you are the best. The only one we have in our lives to be our favorite. You have all the people. You live in our hearts. 
You are the best God in the only world we have. 
I love you. 
The End
Izzy 11/10/2011


I need to take a picture of his written words because it is just precious. Tomorrow, my goal is to buy him a journal so he can write it all in one place. 


Maybe I'm wrong or just biased, but are any other 6 year olds spending all of their time song writing? I don't think so. Which makes me feel like I am getting a little peek as to what Izzy might be doing when he is older. I knew that Izzy was made special. The way he came into this world, his story and the promise of his life, I knew God had a special work for him. So maybe, instead of trying to keep those little dancing legs still, I will be encouraging him a whole lot more. He has songs just bursting out, so I better help him get them out. 


Mommy has to start keeping the video camera charged, journals and pens ready and my listening ears on. I've got a composer on my hands.

 

1 comment: