Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Red Shoes.

My boys make me so proud.

After preschool and lunch, I took the boys to my mom's work (a bank) to deposit their birthday money. Izzy LOVES money. I know that sounds awful that a 4 year old would love money, but it is the truth. He is much like his Mommy. He loves to have money and doesn't like to spend it. Which, makes us all very happy. Both boys received a good amount of money as birthday gifts and we deposited all of it, but $15 of Izzy's share to spend on a toy of his choosing. Most kids, would roam the aisles looking for their dream toy that is way beyond their budget. Izzy is extremely thoughtful about purchases and doesn't like to spend it all at one time. I took Izzy on his special shopping trip to Target per his request. He slowly went up each and every toy aisle. He would hold a toy for a while and then say "I want to keep looking." Izzy has always been fantastic at stores. He never throws a fit over not getting something and even as a small toddler he would say "bye-bye" to things he wanted or had played with during our trips. He still surprises me every time, because with $15, he was able to buy 3 really cool toys and have a couple of dollars left over. He has no concept of how much things cost, so this left me totally impressed. He noticed that the tags were red, and he knew that meant they were on sale. =) We all walked away from that trip completely happy with Izzy's smart shopping choices.

Which brings us back to today at the bank. Izzy and Asher had over $100 each to deposit into their accounts. Knowing how much Izzy loves money, this whole trip was so exciting. He had his little ziploc bag full of birthday money and change and handed it to the nice lady to deposit for him. He was so proud of himself that he had "saved" his money and couldn't wait to hear the amount. She handed him his statement and told him his updated balance and his eyes got wide, hands clutching the statement and raised high in the air, he yelled, "I'M RICH, I'M RICH!!!!!!!!!!!" I almost fell over in laughter!

Asher was a tad less excited, but what do you expect from a 14 month old? His excitement stemmed from something different today. Red shoes. I was up in the attic this weekend, looking for the fall/winter baby clothes for Asher. Among the bags of clothes were shoes and super cute ones at that. I had forgotten all about them, and suddenly my mind ran wild with memories of Izzy toddling around in the same shoes. I decided Asher would wear them to the bank today and hoped he could figure out how to walk in them since he has really only been wearing robees since he started walking. Not only did he walk, he walked with confidence. Apparently, red shoes do for babies what red heels do for ladies. He thought he was hot. If only, I could have taped him walking around showing those bank girls his new shoes. He walked like a Clydesdale. Big huge confident steps, no,more like stomps. He wanted everyone to look at his red shoes.
The ladies crowded around him to watch the new little walker in his new shoes and he loved every second of it.

I love these ages. All the small things make them so happy. A trip to the bank and shoes, brought huge smiles to my boys faces today. Whenever they smile, I can't help but smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment