Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bigger and Bigger.


Today my little Asher is 18 months old!

I can't believe how fast time has passed. It seems like I should still be swaddling him, but instead, I am chasing him down. That little bugger is fast! He is so much fun and he makes everyday so joyful.

Yesterday, we took some pictures by the Christmas tree and drank some hot cocoa. Well, Asher didn't, but he enjoyed his sippy with water. I was able to get a few cute pictures, but Asher was easily distracted and I quickly remembered how stubborn that little one is. He has beautiful eyes and he has this new look that tells you he has a devious plan and it is the complete opposite of whatever you would like him to do. It is nearly impossible to resist. I had already decided I would be happy with whatever pictures I was able to get, instead of being frustrated I didn't capture the perfect moment. No matter what pictures I get of my kids, they are still cute because it is them. I gave them both a big marshmallow for being such good sports. It was Ashers first and he was instantly in love.

Today is also Izzy's first snow day from school. He was thrilled to see snow and find out what you do exactly on a snow day. I told him we would come up with something fun and different and so we have decided to have a safari. I got out his walkie-talkies and all of his stuffed animals. We will hide them around the house and he can page me when he finds something. Asher will have fun just following us around. I think after lunch, we will have some more hot cocoa and snuggle up to a movie. After that we need a sweet treat to celebrate our lovey's big day.

I am off to a safari...pray my little animals aren't too wild!

UPDATE:

The safari was a huge success! I told Izzy to go to his costume chest and find whatever he thought he would need on a safari. He came back with his Terminator (looks like a soldier) costume on, walkie-talkies, binoculars, and camera in hand! I told him to sit on the stairs patiently with all of his equipment and proceeded to hide all of his stuffed animals around the house. He gave me a walkie-talkie and I gave him clues like: "What kind of food does a monkey like to eat?" He screamed "Bananas!" and took off to the fruit basket in the kitchen where he found a little stuffed elephant. He was squealing with excitement each time we played. Then I took a few turns looking for the animals and his clues were surprisingly excellent! Asher had a plastic toy walkie-talkie and he just ran around and pretended along with us. Towards the end, I started the timer and he had to find all of the animals in a certain amount of time, which he thought was so exciting. We played safari over and over and over and over and over again. We had so much fun today using our imaginations. We will definitely go on a safari again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment