Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Heaven on Earth

Today I found Ashers heaven on Earth. The library. My baby loves to read. Now that Christmas break is over and Izzy is back in school, all morning long you can find Asher in his room sitting on a mountain of books and quietly reading to himself. So today when I took the boys to the library, he walked in (first time not in the stroller) and squealed like it was Christmas and took off for the kid section! How did he know where to go? I was cracking up! A few people gave me a look like "Oh great...here comes one of those..", but I would like to think they were pleasantly surprised. Asher ran to the kid section grabbed a book off the shelf and plopped himself down to read. Izzy found a couple of books quickly and then was off to do a puzzle. They were both super quiet and well behaved. Asher wanted to look at every book and was more than disappointed when it was time to leave. I gave Izzy his library card and some books and gave Asher one to carry too. He copied Izzy and gave it to the librarian and was so proud of himself.

Here are the lessons from my day:

1. Asher isn't too young to enjoy all that the library has to offer.
2. Mommy only has two arms and without the stroller to stuff all of our junk in, I definitely need to make a library tote for each of the boys.
3. Next visit to the library, I am going to have to schedule some more time for our visit. My kids love it there and they proved they can handle it. Even if the little one isn't strapped in the stroller! :)

And to make our visit even better, I got a compliment on our way out! *Cheer*

One of the librarians stopped me and said, "I am very proud of your boys, they did great!"

Compliments from strangers are the best. Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment