Monday, January 25, 2010

Izzy's Quote of the Day


My little guy has been so funny lately, and I can hardly keep up on all of his cute sayings. So here is a quick recap of the few I can remember from recent days:

Papa had tacos for dinner and Asher wanted one. I told Asher if he could say "Taco" he could have it. Izzy said, "Hey Papa, if I say Taco, can I have one too?" :)

Papa drives a Toyota Tundra. Izzy misunderstood and told him, "Papa you go take your Toyota Toilet and go to McDonald's and get me a Happy Meal!"

Once again, the idea of marriage came up in Izzy's mind and when told that he couldn't marry me, or Grandma he said, "OH GREAT! Just who am I supposed to marry then?"

Asher had a horrible fall last week, and as blood gushed everywhere, Izzy said "Oh you poor baby!" He ran off to his room and returned with his acoustic guitar and said,"Ash, sometimes when you are feeling sad, you just need to sing a song to feel better!" He sang a song that went, "Oh don't worry Mr. Sunshine, you'll come out again. When you do I'll be happy. Oh Mr. Sunshine!"
It totally worked and brought Asher out of his hysteria. (I could not agree more with that song by the way.)

One day Izzy didn't want to go to school. He asked me for the millionth time if I could home school him. In my attempt to make him excited for school, I explained that he needed to go to school so he could learn how to read and write sentences and be like his big boy cousins Jayme, Taylor and Logan. I said, they go to school and get really good grades and then they are going to go to College and play baseball and basketball. He stopped me right there and said, "See, I told you! I don't need to go to school. I can play those sports at the YMCA!!!"

While watching Max & Ruby, Izzy asked me, "Mommy what does Privacy mean?" I said, "Well, it is when you want some time to yourself." He said, "Oh, I know. Like when you are in the bathroom and I try to come in, you always say, "I need some privacy." Me: "Yes Izzy, exactly like that."


I am going to try to post his quotes more often. He is just constantly say things that make my day. I came across a notebook for Mommy's called "My Quotable Kids" and each page has a spot for the child's name, date and then space for their cute sayings. I thought what a great idea for a new mother. If it weren't for this blog, I would have forgotten so many sweet things he has said.

Well, it is almost time for me to pick my funny guy up from Preschool. Who knows what his creative mind will come up with today?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment