Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh social life...I have missed you so.

Between Hubby's school schedule, a wicked winter and random kid sicknesses, I thought I had completely lost our social schedule. As of this week, we are back on track! The boys enjoyed a great play date. We were busy every day with fun activities. Daddy's schedule was pretty easy and we enjoyed lots of family time. Mommy got a night out with my Super Mommy friend Katie and she was so sweet to cut and color my hair and wax my eyebrows just for fun!!! We chatted and laughed all night and it was just what I needed. Not to mention, the next day I got hit on a few times at the market! Mini-makeover=Success!

Friday night, we had our friend Chris over for dinner and we had such a fantastic time catching up. We made big plans for this coming year and I can't wait until it all happens so I can blog about it! Side-Note: Chris came over with FLOWERS for me! I told him he needed to call his Mama for me and tell her that I said she did a fabulous job. How sweet is he? You just don't see much of that anymore. I am working very hard to teach my boys much of the same.

Saturday after Hubby was finished studying, he headed off for a movie with our buddy Nate. We are so blessed to live with such wonderfully supportive parents that after my boys were fast asleep at 7, I headed over to Katie's house to help prep for their newest addition. I was lucky enough to get the job of sorting through baby girl clothes, insert heart melt here. *sigh* Cutest little things and immediately, I got it. THE BABY FEVER. Why does it have to be so contagious? I told her I will have to visit each week so she can take a nap and I can snuggle her sweet newborn. Hopefully, that will buy Hubby and I a little more time! :) The guys met up with us after their movie and we chatted until we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. It is always so much fun with them.

Today, I am trying to nurse my little lovey back to complete health. He is doing much better today, but has had a nasty cough only at bedtime. Hoping tomorrow he is even better, because the next month is jam packed with fun stuff. Lots of friends and birthdays, school activities and Daddy has spring break!!!!! So excited and thankful for such good family and friends.

Izzy's Quote of the Day: Me-"Izzy, please sit down and use your manners when you eat your dinner." Izzy- "Sorry Mama, but tacos just make me need to dance!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment