Tuesday, March 9, 2010

21 months of Lovey


Today my little bundle of Love turns 21 months old. Twenty-one months! Every month on the 9th, I think to myself, "How is it possible? I literally just had him." And yet, here we are.

I think it is only appropriate to do a "Lovey Update".

My little Asher now throws a side-eye in any questionable situation.

He loves to laugh. Not a little baby laugh, but a big hearty from the gut laugh. I couldn't love hearing it more.

The second he hears Izzy about to tell a story, he interrupts with babbling. Not a single understandable word comes out, but he feels it is mandatory that he interrupts his brother.

He officially detests bath time with the largest amount of drama and passion that one can possess. Well, he hates the hair washing and isn't afraid to throw a punch to let you know.

He runs like a football player. If football players crouched down and ran sideways.

He believes himself to be invisible in 2 situations. 1) If he feels shy or uncomfortable, he closes his eyes until he believes the company has left his presence. 2) If he wants to ignore a direction, he stands with his eyes closed and a huge grin on his face, waits for complete silence before opening his eyes.

He would literally eat a banana at every meal and be fine with only that.

He randomly comes over and hugs your legs for no reason at all.

His favorite toy is still the train table. You can find him there anytime he is not eating a banana.

He has figured out every single electronic item in the house. He is a genius.

He brushes his teeth at least 10 times a day.

He has a shoe obsession much like his Daddy.

The quickest way to make him happy is to open a book.

He falls and hits his face at least once a day.

He is completely obsessed with kitchen towels. None of us know why, or what he does with them, but if there is one hanging, he can't control himself. Much of my day is spent finding kitchen towels and replacing them. Yes, towel hide and seek.

He thinks every animal roars like a lion. Today he saw a book with a crocodile on it, smiled and said "ROAR!" ... we are working on it.

He loves to sneak into brothers room, lay in his bed and pretend to sleep.

He thinks Izzy is perfect.

He puts himself in time-out for things I didn't even know he did. It is called "self-check." :)

At naptime/bedtime he runs (crouched and sideways) to bed. He tries to climb into his crib and giggles as you cover him up. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I was thinking today, when he was born we thought his nickname would be ACE (his initials). Maybe when he is a little older, but for now, Lovey is just the perfect word. That kid is like my security blanket. I just love to be around him. He is so happy, fun, and so snuggly and sweet. He makes it impossible not to love him. I can hardly wait until morning to see his big smile and get a big bear hug (with a roar). The months have just flown by, and every day that passes, I feel like my heart doubles with love for him.

Happy 21 months little lovey, I could not love you more. Until tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. aw, happy 21 month birthday Asher. :) it's amazing how fast they grow up, isn't it? i watched E sitting on a chair yesterday just watching tv, and was struck by how grown up she looks. sometimes i wish i could have my itty bitty baby back for just a day... i'm gonna miss this little baby when she's all grown up. :( i already miss my sweet baby K. he was a lot like Izzy... all your little "Izzy-isms" remind me of K when he was that age. it makes me a little sad, but still happy to be reminded of all the sweet, innocent little things he used to do and say to me. now that he's 7-almost-8 he's given up on his dreams to marry mommy, and life mostly revolves around school friends. where's the pause button on these kids, huh?????

    ReplyDelete