Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tot Skate!



Spring break has been so amazing so far. We have had a family game night, a play date with friends, and today, roller skating for the first time!

Izzy has begged me for the last year to take him skating, but I didn't know a preschool version was offered at a local rink. A friend of mine takes her two cute daughters about once a month and as soon as Izzy is out of school for the summer, we are going to join them. It was so much fun and I am so proud of Izzy. When we first got there, he could barely stand up on his own and by the end, he was doing the limbo and skating around the rink without help! Isn't it amazing how quickly kids can pick things up? If only my body would cooperate like that! Asher just walked around pushing a little toy and he loved being a part of it. He copied everything Izzy did. At one point, Izzy was holding onto the wall for dear life and Asher followed behind him doing the same. It was the cutest. Asher and I even had a chance to dance under the lights to a little Miley Cyrus.

After skating and our snack, our friends met us at a local mall where we brought Happy Meals and had a picnic indoors! The kids laughed and played hide-n-seek and red light-green light. We had so much fun. Next week we are going to meet for another picnic and ride the Easter train. I can't even wait for those pictures!

I had to post this video, because every time I watch it I bust up laughing. This is Izzy on his first attempt to do the Limbo. He could skate around fairly well, but trying to skate and duck under the pole, well lets just say he found it difficult to remain on his feet! God Bless him, he just kept getting up and trying again. His legs just seemed so long in comparison to the other kids and it just looked like a cartoon where their legs are just flying around.

I love to see my kids smile and today brought lots of smiles and memories.



(Sorry it is sideways. One day I will figure out which direction I need to hold my camera! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment