Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Big Boy. For Real.


Wasn't it just yesterday that I wrote a post about Izzy's first day of Preschool? That's what I thought! Well, here we are on the very last day of Prek, and Mommy is super-duper emotional. Izzy was ecstatic, of course. He had a great day at school and was sent home with a huge packet of lots of work he did from the year. It was great looking through it and seeing all of his progress. He also came home with a pumpkin plant so that should be very fun for fall.

While he was at school, I ran off to get balloons, streamers and poster board to make a little "last day of Preschool/Hello Summer" party. Asher helped Mommy decorate and we had so much fun. I made brownies with my perfect brownie pan which is quite perfect for someone with slight OCD like me. :) I also threw in a pizza for a super yummy and not so good for you lunch. When Izzy got home from school the family cheered for him and he walked into his surprise in the kitchen. He was so happy, he danced and said "Cool Dude!"






After lunch we went outside and had a water balloon fight, our very first, and I have to say that I have never ever heard my boys giggle like that ever. We will have to do that more often. Today was a beautiful day and once the balloons had been thrown, it got hot quick. Mommy decided to bust out the crazy sprinkler and let them go at it. Except, Asher was having nothing to do with it. We have made progress, but not sprinkler progress. :)

I enjoyed the rest of the outdoor time from my lounge chair, soaking up some sun. It was LOVELY! Asher was super content with a big dump truck and a pile of rocks. He is totally a boy. Load the rocks, dump the rocks. The whole day was perfect. We had so much fun and my heart was so full seeing my boys excited and happy.

Sometimes, I get comments like "Why do you make things such a big deal?" My answer in short, "Because it takes almost no effort, and a little time and the results are incredible." My "Last day of school" party cost $3.70. It took maybe an hour to decorate and bake, and his reactions are priceless. I am sure any kid would feel the same. A little time, very little money can make someone feel extra special. I think it is all about letting someone know that you were thinking of them. I want my kids to look back and remember all of their important days and hopefully little things like this will stay with him forever.

When I was making dinner tonight, he walked up to me and said, "Mommy, you are my favorite Mommy in the whole Country. You are such a blessing to me." I don't know another 4 year old that talks like that, but I think that gives you the answer as to why I try so hard to let my kids know they are special. Because they make me feel so special.

Today it is official. My baby is a big boy. He is going to Kindergarten, and I have the rest of the summer to get used to it. Here is to hoping this summer goes SUPER SLOW! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment