Saturday, May 29, 2010

Party Panic


It is starting. The anxiety. The Party Panic. My Asher is turning 2 on 6/9. Writing that almost made me cry. So sad. Anywhoo, trying to get a little simple party together to celebrate his sweet little life. I tend to go towards themes that do not exist in a Party Store. Now while they are fun and hopefully creative, the week of the party, you can find me in my room holding my excel party spreadsheet and hyperventilating. Ok, maybe not that dramatic, but close. I have a few projects to finish up and then I just need a plan of where things will go. I think the biggest worry, is the weather. While it has been nice for a few days, I worry that it will rain and ruin all of my planning. We have a BEAUTIFUL pool here at the house and everyone is ready to use it. Also, my food consists of grill items, so it CAN'T rain.

Back to the pool, it should be ready for swimming tomorrow which is fantastic, but will most likely just distract me from my remaining projects. Like right now I should be finishing up the party favors and instead I am writing this. Which is probably completely boring. Whatever.

Hope the party is as cute in real life as it has been in my head for the last few months. It is the simplest party I have done to date, so really I shouldn't be that stressed. But maybe that is my problem, maybe I feel like it isn't enough. Then I tell myself, he is 2, he doesn't care, but I do and that is all that matters.

In the middle of finishing up Ashers party, I have to think of Izzy's invitations. They have to go out generally around this time every year. So then I start thinking of his party which gets my mind all frazzled, confused and leaves me overwhelmed.

Tomorrow my plan of action is to:
1) Go to church.
2) Swim in my beautiful pool and catch some rays!
3) Take a nap because I will be tired.
4) Review party spreadsheet
5) HOPEFULLY, mark a few things off the list.
6) Try to resist the urge to check the weather until Wednesday.


Oops! Writing #6 made me want to check the weather. So I did. FAIL! But, on a happier note, looks like a sunny week ahead!

This week your duty is to pray for beautiful weather and that I have a motivation to complete my projects after a full day with my two boys. I need all of the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment