Monday, June 7, 2010

Ashers Owl Party!



Saturday was the big day. Family and friends came to celebrate Ashers 2nd birthday. I had worked for months on ideas and projects and finally, I was done!!! This party proved to be a tad more difficult to plan because Marcus was in full blown finals mode for the last month. I dragged my poor boys to every craft store in town looking for anything owl themed. Luckily, I am blessed to have a super creative and wonderful cousin Melissa from Maine who lovingly sent me some owl gear from her local stores. Yay!

So why the owl theme? As soon as Asher developed his personality, he just reminded me of an owl. He is quiet and wise before his time. He LOVES to read. He reads books obsessively and as soon as he could crawl, he would move over to his book shelf and pull out about 50 books make a pile and sit on top of them and read each and every one of them. When Izzy was in school our house was super quiet. He is content to be by himself and loves to play trains do puzzles and collect things. He rarely speaks, but knows and understands everything that is going on. He is always on his own mission. A train in hand he is going somewhere, he just doesn't feel the need to clue any of us in. He is sweet and super loving. He is constantly kissing and hugging us. He is all boy, but very soft and gentle.

I started researching my theme and realized quickly I would have to make it all myself. Which I am totally fine with. However, I didn't think ahead to my schedule and between the end of Izzy's first school year, Hubby's finals, friends birthday parties and family events, I was pretty booked. I got it all done in time and all in all I was happy with the results. I tried to keep it simple and not go overboard, which I have been known to do before. The party was super fun and relaxed. We grilled out, opened presents, had cupcakes and jumped in the pool. I prayed for sunshine and God heard my prayer and gave me so much that it was super hot and sunny. Better than the alternative for an outdoor party, so I was grateful.

A few pics from the birthday bash:

Owl pillows for each party guest.


How many licks does it take?
The owl cupcakes! They were a hit!

Inside table.


Asher was spoiled rotten and smothered in love from our guests. It was so sweet of everyone that came and it went perfectly. The only mishap was on my part when I went to walk out Ashers cupcake with his candles to blow out, and I didn't realize the candles made the cupcake unbalanced and dropped my decorated cupcake on the deck!!! EEEk! Luckily no one noticed and I picked that thing right up, put it back on the plate (it stayed intact) and let him blow out the candles. Don't worry, I didn't feed that one to him. :)

He was so tuckered out after his presents and cupcake he went right to nap. He missed a lot of time with his guests, but they all understood. We had a super fun time and I can't wait to start planning Izzy's party next. I only have one month, so I better get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment