Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blur!

Life is hectic these days and lately I feel like I am spinning. Hubby's schedule is at an all-time crazy level with his comprehensive final coming up, which leaves me on my own for the next 3 weeks. Translation: I should have taken a nap today.

Izzy has his last couple weeks of school, and with that is lots of activities, a luncheon, his first field trip and lots of crying by Mommy. Asher is turning two next month, so I have been busy working on his birthday party and of course, I decided to make almost everything on my own, so my projects are piling up. I have been running ragged and trying to fit in as many activities, family time, and Mommy/son dates as I possibly can.

It is starting to all hit me. My sweet little Izzy is turning 5 in July and starting Kindergarten in the fall. These are my last days, for play dates and picnics, days at the park and mid-day runs for a treat. There is always a positive in everything, next year Asher and I will get lots of one on one time, but somehow, I am still sad.

Hubby tried to convince me that I do 1,000,000 more things with the boys than anyone he knows, and I am sure he is right. I can't help myself though. Just a few years ago, I didn't know if I would get to hold a baby of my own, and here I am blessed with these 2 little guys and I can just feel this special time just slipping through my fingers.


******Interrupt this post for a breaking update*********
MIDNIGHT:
Izzy just busted threw the door crying and complaining of a severe headache and within 2 minutes puked on his floor. Never a dull moment, eh? Please add, sick child to the list of items causing my head to spin. Turns out Mommy and Izzy probably racked up 1 minute of sleep through the night in between his constant updates. "Mom, you still in here? Cause I am still really sick." Asher woke up earlier than normal (of course he did) and while I was getting him settled I found out we were having company for the day. Family from out of town, perfect timing! Luckily, it was my favorite Aunt and Uncle, otherwise I would be slightly annoyed. Mommy spent the day, cleaning carpets, cleaning house, caring for Asher and running up and down checking on Izzy. Note: It is nearly impossible to keep a 1 year old separate from his older brother who he adores. Double Note: Asher is like a NINJA, and has quiet cat-like movements. :) Triple Note: What is it about my kids when they are sick? I swear their faces are so cute and their eyes turn into a Disney character, huge, dark and twinkly. Helps you not to mind when they look up at you and tell you, "Sorry I puked on the carpets Mommy. Next time I will run faster."



Even in the midst of sickness and carpet cleaning, I go back to my original thought. My life is completely crazy right now, but I am so beyond blessed to have two boys to fill my heart and my calendar. Besides my hubby, there is no one I would rather spend my time with.

1 comment:

  1. Saturday afternoon i was 28 minutes into my cycling, when my son came into the room and said "mommy, i don't feel so good..." must have been in the air. luckily, i had time to sit him on the couch with his head on a pillow and a bucket on the floor before the dam burst. have fun with your boys... they'll never be as close to you as they are right now. :)

    ReplyDelete