Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pool Party!

Yesterday the kids and I went to a pool party for our friend Elijah who turned 5 years old! It was so much fun. His Mommy had the room decorated so cute and the kids were so excited about everything. This is a really fun age because they understand what having a birthday party really means and this was his first party with school friends. Big step! From the moment we got there, all you heard was belly laughing from a group of boys and that lasted the entire time. It didn't take much to make the boys giggle. One boy blew into his capri sun to make it puff up and I thought Izzy was going to laugh so hard he would pee his pants. After pizza, cupcakes and presents, it was time to go to the pool. Except it wasn't just and indoor pool it was like a mini water park. A soft foam Pirate ship was set right in the middle with a slide and huge water guns. The pirate flags filled with water and would dump randomly and fountains of water sprayed kids unexpectedly. There was also a giant spiral tube slide, but unfortunately all of our kids were too short to try it out.

Once I put Izzy's life jacket on, he was like the road runner in the water. I could barely keep track of him! Asher on the other hand, he stayed close to Mommy. He did much better than I anticipated, but wanted me to sit right next to him so he could safely splash in the water. He even tried the pirate slide a few times, so we are making progress when it comes to water. He doesn't like to be splashed or to have water above his shoulders so he was happy if we stayed away from the fountains. When the party was over, we came home and went straight to nap. I was having this weird dream about Asher crying in the middle of the night when I woke up to Asher screaming in the monitor. I looked at my clock to find out it was 6 pm. Let's review: Boys go to bed at 7. Whoops! Ran down and rescued my baby and tried to wake Izzy. Hubby came up about 20 minutes later and said Izzy was still asleep! He finally woke up from his hibernation and we enjoyed dinner and then Hubby surprised us and took us for some Ice Cream!!!! We sat out on the deck of the local Baskin Robbins and gobbled up our quickly melting treat and listen to Izzy tell us how much he loves us. Over and over again. :) He is always so loving and affectionate, but something about yesterday he just was gushing with love. I walked into the kitchen to find him kissing Ashers hand and telling him, "I love you brother, you are the best brother ever made." At the pool party, he swam across the entire pool, got out and walked over to me and said, "I love you, Mom!", turned around and jumped back in. Lots of effort for those sweet words. During our ice cream trip, he told Hubby over and over again, "Daddy, I love you so much." He even told me, "Mommy, you make my heart so happy, you take care of me when I am sick, you read to me, you play with me. I just love you guys so much." These are just a few...he was full of them all day. He is the sweetest kid I know.

Our pool opens tomorrow, and I could not be more excited. I have never wanted a tan so badly in my life. I just want to lay out in my comfy lounge chair with a cold lemonade and listen to the boys laugh and chase each other around the backyard. I want to swim and only get out to enjoy some yummy grilled chicken. I want to take the best naps ever because you are so wiped from all the sunshine. I want to have no laundry because all you wear is a swimsuit all day, everyday. I want summer, because that means Hubby is on a break and we get to enjoy some much needed family time!

With all of the fun we had yesterday, it makes me even more excited for the pool to open. It has been a super long crazy winter and I am over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment