Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Letter to Izzy

My sweet Israel-

Today you turned 5 years old! It is so hard to explain what an achievement that is, since you came into the world the way you did-two months early. After losing your brother, it was a very scary time, but Daddy and I were determined to stay positive and be thankful for every breath. You were a fighter and let people know when you had been pushed too far, but the rest of the time, you were quiet and sweet. Not much has changed. You are sweet as sugar and could double as a motivational speaker. You are always positive. If something doesn't work for you, you say something like "That's okay, I won't cry or get mad. I will just keep trying and put a smile on my face." Speaking of your smile, it lights up a room. You have turned into a little social butterfly who loves everyone and within an instant gets everyone to love you right back. You are charming, witty, sweet and thoughtful. You shower me with compliments everyday. I have no excuse for low self-esteem with you around.
Izzy, you are the best big brother. You have never once hit your brother or hurt him in anyway. You are protective and loving and try to show him the right way to do things. Sometimes you are like a little Daddy to Asher, you like to give him direction and he is always ready to follow. You and Asher love to crawl into bed together and pretend to take a nap.
You love to do anything if you have a buddy. Swimming, biking, walking, gardening, playing, reading...literally anything if you get to have someones company. You love to talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk. The questions never end, sometimes it is a lot, but you just love to understand everything. You remind me a lot of Papa. He hasn't met a stranger and you are very much the same. If you get a hair cut by someone new, by the end of the cut, you are best friends and they know everything about you.
You amaze us daily with how smart you are and how quickly you can pick up anything. Sports, computers, games, music, everything seems to come easily to you.

Last night, I interviewed you for the last time as a four-year-old and these are some of your answers:

What do you think you will be when you grow up?
-I'm not going to grow up anymore. I am going to stay 5 forever because I don't never want to leave you. Never. I like being little.

What is your favorite color?
- It used to be blue, but now it is grey because I just like it. I think it is cooler and better.

Who is your best friend?
- Hmmmm... J,T,L are my best friends because they are my cousins. But I have lots of best friends.

What is your favorite thing to do?
-Swimming!

Do you like being a big brother?
-I love my brother. He is my best. I just love him so much because God made him for me.

Are you ready to go to Kindergarten?
-Somebody lied to me. I thought I didn't have anymore school when I was done with preschool!!!! (totally serious) Who would lie to me Mom? (Insert explanation of Summer) Someone lied to me. I don't want to go to school no more! I want to stay at home with my family all day because I love you guys.

Five years old. Mommy is so proud of you. You are such a good boy, and such a heart of obedience. I couldn't ask for anything better. This next year is going to be full of lots of changes, but I know you are going to do great at everything, this year and for the rest of your life. I know, because God made you special and you were meant to do big things. And when you are kind to people and always have a positive attitude, you can do anything.

Thank you for filling Mommy's heart with a joy I hadn't known before. Thank you for 5 years of smiles, laughs and a full heart. Mommy, Daddy and Asher love you so much!

Happy 5th Birthday Bobo! xoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment