Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Like an Herbal Essence commercial...


I have a super-duper talented friend Katie. She can cook ridiculous yummy food, she can bake anything and she is super crafty. As if that isn't enough, she used to be a hair stylist. Whenever my hair turns into something from the Lion King, she has me over for a night of relaxation and works her hair magic on me.

Monday night was one of those nights. Hubby is on break and after we put the kiddos to bed, we headed over for a night of delicious food and I got a makeover! Needless to say, it was like a perfect night. Hanging out with our friends, eating from what could have been a buffet of food-we had our choice of Italian, Mexican or her Famous Spicy Beef. I believe Hubby indulged in all of the food choices as well as dessert pumpkin bars and oreo balls...you can see why we are such great friends, right? ;) It is impossible not to love them.

While the guys were eating to their belly's content, I was off getting pampered and had some good ol' girl talk. Isn't it amazing how something like a hair cut can do so much for how you feel about yourself? I feel like a new woman!




Didn't she do a great job? Please excuse this "myspace-ish" picture, Hubby is out for the day and it is difficult to take a good picture of yourself, it doesn't do her great work justice. I should have taken a before and after photo so you could see just how gigantic my hair gets. It was all one horrible thick mess of a layer and had no style to it. She put a rich glaze on, which deepened my color and made it ridiculously soft and trimmed and gave my hair its body back! It feels so great!

Thanks so much to my sweet friend Katie for making me feel like getting my hair out of the Mom pony-tail and breaking out the styling products again! :)


2 comments:

  1. you lucky girl! i need to get my hair done SO badly. i even have a cut picked out. unfortunately, i don't know any stylists and don't have a babysitter even if i did. :/ you can give me your ponytail holders if they start gathering dust... i definitely need 'em!

    ReplyDelete