Friday, April 1, 2011

Dinner

I am known to be the Queen of Play dates, but after last night I think it is only right that I also be named the Queen of the Hot Sandwich. Yes, it doesn't seem like much, but let me tell you when your 5 year old is stuffing his face and in between bites telling you "MOOOOM you are the best sandwicher ever!" it becomes kind of a big deal.
This is the sandwich that made it all happen. Lets review. I started with a ciabatta roll that I added garlic and a little butter and then mozzarella cheese. I toasted for 2 minutes then added thinly sliced meat (Hubby prefers turkey and ham while the rest of us are just straight turkey lovers). Toast for 3 minutes. After they were out of the oven, I added freshly cooked turkey bacon, baby spinach and homemade spicy mayo. I sprinkled a little bit of Love added some crunchy french fries and the happiness developed.

Now, clearly the roll is not South Beach approved, but when Hubby comes home with them how can I turn them away? Everything else was diet friendly. :)

I am also known to make a mean Meatball sub and my family says I make the best grilled cheese. Obviously, it's a gift.

Sometimes it is the little things that make the family happy. Last night it was a sandwich. Panera....watch your back.



No comments:

Post a Comment