Saturday, April 16, 2011

It comes with the job description.

A couple of days ago, I started writing about my boys and their sweet brother relationship. We were having an exceptionally drippy sweet day and my boys were trying to make Mommy's heart explode of love overload. I only made it about half-way thru the post when I had to tend to my little Izzy. He was complaining of leg pain (stinking growing pains) and a bad tummy ache. He had no fever, but was doubled over in pain. I tried to do little things to help him relax, and he kept telling me he wasn't sick. The next morning, he went to school and said he felt much better. Hubby is in test mode, so he was going to be M.I.A for the weekend so I planned a weekend of fun with my boys. After school, I took Izzy to rent a couple of movies of his choice. Unfortunately for me, I only liked one of them. Tales of Despereaux, am I the only one who can't stay awake during this movie? But, Despicable Me saved the day. We were watching Despicable me and snuggling, when Asher burst into laughter. Izzy grumpily said, "Ashey, don't laugh you are going to make me throw up!" I quickly asked for kindness, but before my request was complete...it was too late. Izzy was at the toilet and lost his Papa bought happy meal. Sads. Wish it ended there, but we are in Day 2 of "Empty your guts, then take a nap" weekend. I can't count how many times it happened today, its all a blur. But, instead of eating dinner, I washed bedding off in the DRIVEWAY with a hose. Ghetto? Yes. Efficient? Double Yes.

Now, while I despise cleaning up after sickies (I could never be a nurse. Thank you Nurses!), I can do it because it is my kids and I love them immensely. Is there anything sweeter than a sick, snuggly kid? Ugh, my heart aches because I know how badly he feels and yet I am secretly loving how baby-like he is this weekend. What I super-duper appreciate is, the fact that he isn't a baby and can make it (mostly) to the bucket. Why you ask, was I hosing down bedding in the driveway then? Well, my poor boy is so sick he is throwing up in his sleep. That is sick, people.

He told me after his 3rd time getting sick in 2 hours this morning, "Mom, I am really sick, so I need you to do special stuff for me to feel better." I had no idea what these "special stuffs" were and when I questioned him, he was a tad annoyed. I got a sigh and a eye roll followed by, "Just ask Papa, he know just the right kind of special stuff I need." I get no credit. I have cared and cleaned and sprayed down bedding in the driveway, I have cloroxed until my hands cracked and I need to ask Papa because only HE can do special things? Well, I did. Papa came home with a Tom & Jerry movie and a Monster Truck bought just for the sickie. It worked, and Papa is the hero. Now, Izzy has been very sweet and appreciative and telling me he is so sorry for the mess and he loves me, but I wish I just knew that "special stuff."

So this weekend if you are looking for me, I am knee deep in sickie bedding and Pedialyte. I will have to finish my sweet brothers post another day. It's so sweet you might need some Pedialyte yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment