Sunday, May 1, 2011

You are my Sunshine!

I have shared a lot about my pal K. She is an A.Maz.Ing cook, a phenomenal baker, a wonderful mother and wife (bordering on perfect), a super hip dancer, and an even better friend. You combine all of her super powers and it just makes sense that she can throw a super-duper fab party. Her baby turned One this week and family and friends came out Saturday to celebrate. K doesn't have a blog (but we are working on it. :) and I couldn't let this sweetness go un-noticed. K worked for months to prepare all of the hand-made items. Many craft nights filled with hot glue guns, cricuts, yummy snacks and lots of dancing ended in absolutely the most precious party I have ever attended.

You are my Sunshine Party:



How beautiful is this table? It made me want to put a ruffle dress on and twirl in the grass barefoot. Why can't I be 5 again?





Donut holes in doilies.

Caramel Popcorn Party Favors.



What did we do before the Cricut?




Another view of the sweets table.

The following picture makes me smile every single time I see it. K and I worked on this project for days and it was worth it! K dyed every single doily to make this ruffly Sun.


Ruffle Cupcakes to match the Ruffle Cake

Little Miss Sunshine!

There was another beautiful girl at the party too.

The cake was so beautiful it made her cry. I wish cake had the same affect on me.

Of course this guy always enjoys a cupcake.

The food was delicious, the decor was beautiful and the birthday girl was sweeter than the cake.

I was so blessed to be a part of such a special day and what a great excuse for me and my buddy to get together to "work" so many nights of the last few months. In just a couple of weeks we have another one to celebrate, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment