Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to School Week!

Tonight, I am mentally preparing for the upcoming week. Izzy starts school on Wednesday. First Grade!!!!! Normally, I am much more on top of schedule items, but I find myself procrastinating all things "responsible" and using every last ounce of our Summer together for fun. While thinking of our last two days and planning fun activities, I realized, we have had all of the fun we can have. I have GOT to be responsible. We have Back to School night, Izzy's first soccer practice, piano lessons, First day of school baking, First day of school, Women's event at church, Hubby's birthday and dinner with friends and all of the little things that are involved in each of those events that only I can do...all have to be done in the next 5 days. Oh. My!

In this same week, my sweet Lovey FINALLY decided he was a big boy and has potty trained himself. Friday morning he went in the potty for the first time on his own and by Saturday was wearing underwear without accidents. Today, he went to church, out for lunch and then shopping for soccer gear, all without accidents!!!! This is a huge and wonderful breakthrough, which I have been praying for-for months. 3 years and 2 months and he is potty trained. Wahoo! No accidents, and he doesn't want/need my help. While it took months longer than Izzy (potty trained at 2 1/2), this is by far a million times easier to wait until they are ready.

My boys are growing so fast. Praying I can keep it together during this "Big" week!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! :) Key Alicia Keys singing, "Cuz you are Superwoman, yes you are, yes you are! :)

    ReplyDelete